Family Health Center - Medical Social WorkWrap-around services and patient navigation assistance

Our staff understands that health concerns do not always exist in a vacuum. Many of the patients we see are struggling with a complex mixture of other challenges. Our Medical Social Work team is specially trained to help you sort out a number of socio-economic, emotional, how-to-navigate-the-system and other basic needs matters. You will find a warm smile, a caring heart and an empathic ear when you need it at FHC.

Can I get help finding services for my children?

Yes, your Medical Social Worker will work with you to find out your concerns and then link you with resources that may be available in the community.  We are committed to helping parents find the help you need for your children.

Are there services available if someone is having an emotional crisis?

Yes, your Medical Social Worker will complete a brief interview to determine the appropriate manner in which to address the crisis. Referrals can readily be made to a provider at FHC, Kalamazoo Community Mental Health or one of our hospital emergency departments.

Am I eligible for Medicaid?

Your Medical Social Worker will take the time to answer your questions and provide you with the necessary paperwork to complete. Please note that Family Health Center does NOT make Medicaid coverage decisions but will assist you with filling out forms as needed.

Can I receive help to pay for my prescriptions?

Your Medical Social Worker will work with you to see if you qualify for any prescription assistance programs. For more detailed information, you may also click on our Pharmacy link here.

What other assistance is available?

Your Medical Social Worker may be able to help you with transportation, housing, food, clothing, medical supplies/equipment, substance abuse counseling and other difficult challenges by listening to you and then linking you with additional community resources. Remember that we at FHC are committed to helping you improve your health and well-being!

Call 269-349-2641 and schedule an appointment today!

Can I be a patient at FHC?

Yes! We provide services for all people in Kalamazoo County who have no health insurance, are covered by Medicaid or Medicare.

If you have no health insurance and you do not qualify for Medicaid, you may qualify for our Sliding Fee Scale. To apply, please bring proof of income and proof of Kalamazoo County residency.

Click to view examples of accepted documentation.