WE RISE 2020
On October 20, 2020, at 4pm, Family Health Center will host a virtual community celebration honoring those who have risen to the challenges of this unprecedented year. Our "WE RISE 2020" virtual event will be hosted by Von Washington Jr., and Family Health Center President & CEO, Denise Crawford. The event will honor the work and efforts of so many in our community to rise and meet the challenges of 2020.
Our Schedule Includes:
Pre-event musical entrance and spoken word with Yolonda Lavender and Kandace Lavender accompanied by members of The Last Gasp Collective.
- Welcome and glimpse behind the scenes at Family Health Center.
- Special guest poetry readings by acclaimed local authors, Denise Miller and Bonnie Jo Campbell.
- The presentation of FHC’s first annual FHC Healthcare Hero Awards to:
- Dr. Rebecca Busk-Sutton, a practitioner at Family Health Center
- Dr. Parth Amin, Cardiothoracic Surgeon with Bronson Hospital
- Feed the Fight Kalamazoo